Children and Young People (CYP)
We have a small, dedicated team, delivering trauma-informed interventions to assist the recovery of children from domestic abuse and raise awareness amongst the wider community. Our Children and Young People’s Team currently offers:
- Group work with children aged 8 – 18yrs (The CYP Recovery Toolkit)
- Healthy Relationship Education in Secondary Schools and colleges
- Primary Schools Workshops – focused on protective behaviours & positive friendships
- Advice and support for parents and professionals
- Training on the impact of domestic abuse on children via Swindon
- 1 to 1 support for children living in The Swindon Refuge
- Parenting support and family activities for refuge residents, building confidence, trust and communication.
I am a young person, what can I do?
ChildLine – 0800 1111 – This is a 24-hour telephone helpline for children and young people needing to talk. Calls are confidential and are free even from mobiles. Their website is www.childline.org.uk.
www.thehideout.org.uk/ – A site to learn more about domestic abuse within a family.
https://loverespect.co.uk/ – A site for young people worried about a relationship of their own.
If you are worried for yourself or someone you know, please speak with an adult you trust; it may be someone at school or college, or an adult at a club you go to. There are people who will help you.
We have a Young Person IDVA who works specifically with 16 – 25 years. Advice drop-ins will run fortnightly at Swindon College and New College. Please enquire on 01793 864984 for more